The well known Sylhet station club was formed on 25th December 1886.In the tea growing area of sylhet, the British tea planters used this club as a transit place for their business meetings and entertainment. so, it was named as sylhet Station Club.
At that time all members of the club were British people who belongs to tea gardens and employees at tea gardens and some local businessman.
It appears from the record books of the club the then honorary secretary G.H. Valentine legally acquired 1 Biga 12 kata and 8 decimal of land from Mohendranath Das of Teli haor, Sylhet, Bonowari Lal Das and Binud lal Das of Shekhghat in 1916 A.D.
Afterwards in 1953 the then Honorary secretary Capt. Rashid Ahmed acquired 2 biga 7 kata of land from widow of babu Bonobir lal Das, Parul Bala das of shekhghat Sylht and thus the present Club start working.
The Club is affiliated with many ancient clubs of our country and abroad.
Sylhet Station Club is one of the pioneer clubs in our country.